PSV pick up Utrecht product Pieters

Sumber Uefa Dutch champions PSV Eindhoven have signed 19-year-old FC Utrecht defender Erik Pieters on a contract until 2012. Pieters, who was promoted from the Utrecht youth set-up in 2006/07 and soon became a regular, is reported to have moved for a fee approaching €3m. With more than 50 Eredivisie appearances under his belt and a winner's medal from the Netherlands' home success at the 2007 UEFA European Under-21 Championship, Pieters will now have the chance to make his bow in the UEFA Champions League as PSV enter in the group stage. "This is a nice step in my career," said Pieters, who can play in all positions across the defence. "But I leave FC Utrecht with pain in my heart. Utrecht will stay in my heart. The club gave me the chance to prove myself, and I will never forget that."

Template by : kendhin x-template.blogspot.com